‘Russia’s Fifth Column. All very Hemingway – Putin, power and propaganda’
As the Front National celebrated the nine million Euro first installment of a forty million Euro banking arrangement in December, Brussels faced calls to audit its own institutions for fear of a rising Russian Fifth Column.
Suspicion of spying and the promotion of Russian propaganda has fallen on several member of European Parliament and NGOs.
But what does Putin get for his cash? And even if there is a Russian Fifth Column, is it effective?
Interviewees and featured members of European Parliament (MEPs):
– Gabrielius Landsbergis, MEP, Centre-Right, EPP
– Mark Demesmaeker, MEP, European Conservatives, ECR
– Johannes van Baalen, MEP, Liberals, ALDE
– Miloslav Ransdorf, MEP, European United Left, GUE/NGL
– Tibor Szanyi, MEP, Centre-Left, S&D
– Victor Bostinaru, MEP, Centre-Left, S&D
– Rebecca Harms, MEP, Greens, Greens/EFA
– Tamás Meszerics, MEP, Greens, Greens/EFA
– Maja Kocijancic, Spokesperson, European Commission
-Brian Maguire, Euranet Plus News Agency
Video: Euranet Plus